” Personal information” means any information that relates to a natural person, which either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with the Bank, is capable of identifying such person.
“Sensitive personal data or information” of a person means such personal information which consists of information relating to:
- financial information such as Bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details;
- physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- sexual orientation;
- medical records & history;
- biometric information;
- any detail relating to the above clauses as provided to body corporate for providing service;
- any of the information received under above clauses by body corporate for processing, stored or processed under lawful contract or otherwise.
Provided that, any information that is freely available or accessible in public domain or furnished under the right to information act, 2005 or any other law for the time being in force shall not be regarded as sensitive personal data or information for the purposes of this policy.
This Policy is applicable to personal information and sensitive personal data or information collected by the Bank or it’s affiliates directly from the customer or through the Bank’s online portals, mobile apps and electronic communications as also any information collected by the Bank’s server from the customer’s browser.
Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Information
The Bank collects and uses the financial information and other personal information from its customers. This information is collected and used for specific business purposes or for other related purposes designated by the Bank or for a lawful purpose to comply with the applicable laws and regulations. The Bank shall not divulge any personal information collected from the customer, for cross selling or any other purposes.
The authenticity of the personal information provided by the customer shall not be the responsibility of the Bank.
Any information that is freely available or accessible in public domain or furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law for the time being in force shall not be regarded as personal information for the purposes of this Policy and the Bank shall not be responsible for the same.
Disclosure of Personal Information
The personal information collected by the Bank shall not be disclosed to any other organization except:
- where the disclosure has been agreed in a written contract or otherwise between the Bank and the customer;
- where the disclosure has been required by any government agency under any law/act or rules framed by government from time to time.
- where the Bank is required to disclose the personal information to a third party on a need-to-know basis, provided that in such case the Bank shall inform such third party of the confidential nature of the personal information and shall keep the same standards of information/ data security as that of the Bank.
Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures
The security of personal information is a priority and is protected by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that meet applicable laws. The Bank shall take reasonable steps and measures to protect the security of the customer’s personal information from misuse and loss, un-authorized access, modification or disclosure. The Bank maintains its security systems to ensure that the personal information of the customer is appropriately protected and follows the extant standard encryption norms followed for the transmission of information. The Bank ensures that its employees and affiliates respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by the Bank.
Notice of change
The Bank may, from time to time, change this Policy. The effective date of this Policy, as stated below, indicates the last time this Policy was revised or materially changed.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform users of this Service that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
These Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.